AMIBCP (American Megatrends Inc. BIOS Configuration Program) is a software tool used to modify the BIOS settings of a computer system that uses the American Megatrends BIOS. The BIOS is a firmware program that controls the basic functions of a computer, including booting, power management, and system settings.
AMIBCP allows users to modify the BIOS settings by accessing the BIOS setup utility from within Windows. It provides an easy-to-use interface that allows users to edit various BIOS settings, such as boot device order, system date and time, and system voltage and frequency settings. The software can be used to create custom BIOS profiles for specific tasks or configurations, and it can also be used to restore the default BIOS settings if necessary.
Overall, AMIBCP is a powerful tool that can be used to fine-tune the BIOS settings of a computer system. It can be a useful tool for advanced users and system administrators who need to customize the BIOS settings for specific applications or configurations.
- Download and install AMIBCP from the AMI website.
- Launch the program and click on “File” and then “Open” to select the BIOS file you want to modify.
- The program will display the various sections of the BIOS. Click on the section you want to modify to expand it.
- Double-click on the value you want to change and enter the new value.
- Once you have made all the desired changes, click on “File” and then “Save” to save the modified BIOS file.
- Close AMIBCP.
Note: Modifying the BIOS firmware can be a risky process and may cause irreversible damage to your computer. Make sure you have a backup of the original BIOS file and proceed with caution.