Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) is a free third-party utility tool designed to help users remove graphics card drivers from their Windows-based systems. It is an efficient tool that allows for the complete removal of old or unwanted graphics card drivers, including leftover registry entries, files, and folders.
DDU supports a variety of graphics card manufacturers, including AMD, Nvidia, and Intel. The tool has a user-friendly interface and is easy to use, even for non-technical users.
Here are some key features of DDU:
- Uninstall drivers: DDU is designed to completely remove all traces of old or unwanted graphics card drivers. It can uninstall both AMD and Nvidia graphics card drivers.
- Safe mode: The tool has an option to boot into safe mode to ensure a clean uninstall of graphics card drivers. This can help avoid potential conflicts or issues during the uninstall process.
- Backup drivers: DDU can create a backup of your current graphics card drivers before uninstalling them. This allows you to easily reinstall them if needed.
- Customization: The tool allows for customization of the uninstall process. You can choose to remove specific components of the drivers, such as audio or PhysX, or you can remove everything.
How to use Display Driver Uninstaller
- Download DDU from the official website and save it to your computer.
- Close all programs and windows that are currently running on your computer, including any applications related to graphics or gaming.
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode. To do this, press the F8 key repeatedly as your computer boots up until you see the Advanced Boot Options screen. Select “Safe Mode with Networking” and press Enter.
- Once you are in Safe Mode, run DDU by double-clicking on the DDU executable file.
- Select the graphics driver you wish to uninstall from the drop-down menu in the DDU interface. Make sure to choose the correct manufacturer and model.
- Click the “Clean and Restart” button. This will initiate the process of removing the selected driver and restarting your computer.
- Once your computer has restarted, run DDU again to check if any remnants of the old driver still exist. If any are found, repeat steps 5-6 until DDU reports that the driver has been completely removed.
- After DDU has successfully removed the old driver, you can proceed to install the new driver. Make sure to download the latest driver from the official manufacturer’s website.
Overall, Display Driver Uninstaller is a useful tool for resolving issues with graphics drivers. However, it should be used with caution as improper use can result in system instability or even data loss. Always make sure to back up important files and data before running DDU, and only use it if you are experienced with computer troubleshooting.